Monday, November 1, 2010

Better Late Than Never

It's November 1st and finally feels more like Fall than Summer.  It's about time!  But knowing NC weather, I'm sure we haven't seen the end of temps in the 80s.  Because it's getting late, and I've been up at 4:30 the past two mornings dealing with ear infections, I'm not going to dilly dally and will get straight to the recipes.  I know these probably come after your weekly shopping trip, but better late than go two weeks without new recipes.  Hope you like crockpot cooking...

Monday - So much for Monday - we had a frozen stir fry.

Tuesday - Beef Stroganoff

I found this recipe in the Cooking Light email I mentioned in the Return of the Crockpot Posting from a few weeks ago.  It's cooking as we speak so it will be ready in the morning.  Will report tomorrow...

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - Cooking Light's  Slow Cooker Char Siu Pork Roast

This calls for Boston Butt.  I had the best intentions of buying Boston Butt and trying it out, but when I saw it tonight, I was a little intimidated.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like it would require a lot of fat trimming.  So, I'll be substituting a pork tenderloin from the freezer I need to use anyway.

Friday - Cooking Light's Beef Daube Provencal

This calls for boneless chuck roast, but I will substitute the lean stew meat since it is on special.  Mom said they are basically the same thing anyway, and the stew meat is pre-sliced.  Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment