Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chicken Legs

Telling someone they have chicken legs is not exactly a compliment.  Take it from someone who has said legs and has heard the comparison more than a few hundred times.  I've even been asked, "Are those your legs or are you riding the back of a chicken?"  Really.  After the countless mix-ups you would think chicken legs and I would have more of a connection.  But, I must admit I wasn’t exactly thrilled when I saw chicken legs were on special. I would have been much more excited about split chicken breasts or even chicken thighs.  In search of recipes, I googled “chicken legs” and happened upon delicious new blogs that led me to not 1, but 2 recipes. I figured 2 chicken leg variations would make up for the repeat bone-in pork chop meal.  Thanks for understanding!  I've just been craving grilled pork chops and know no better way to do them!

Monday – Chicken Legs

Two variations to choose from....

Thai-Style Chicken Legs from Smitten Kitchen.  I love this blog.  Wonderful recipes, commentary and magazine worthy pics.  Although I do have a confession.  When I first looked for chicken recipes I couldn't find any...I would advise you to check under the "poultry" category before lodging any formal complaints.

Want to try something a little more low maintenance? Saw these mentioned on two blogs – they must be good!

Baked Chicken Legs as seen on Chaos in the Kitchen and Dine and Dish



Sorry to not include the actual recipes here....do you mind having to click?  I know it's a departure from the norm, but I thought you would enjoy the blogs.

Tuesday - Grilled Pork Chops

This is a repeat recipe, but I love it.  Mix garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper together to make a rub for the pork chops.  Then plop them on the grill and cook to your liking.  You could also bake in the oven if the weather is not cooperating, the gas grill is out of gas or you don't want to deal with charcoal.  Divine!

Wednesday - Baby Back Ribs

I love ribs, but have never cooked them.  I usually leave that up to my dad or father-in-law.  My brother's aren't too shabby either.  But, I found this recipe which involves a crockpot and had to try.  You know I love a crockpot.  Compliments of Real Simple...
Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs  This recipe uses short ribs, but as I learned today, short ribs are beef and baby backs are pork.  I'm pretty sure baby backs that have been in the crockpot all day will be just as good...hope so anyway!

Thursday - Leftovers or alternate chicken leg recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment